Sunday 11 September 2011

Woolly Invasion!

This last week has been British Wool Week a celebration of all things woolly with woolly events going on up and down the UK.

In Glastonbury we had Glastonbury Wool Festival which was put on at Glastonbury Town Hall for the whole day with lots of stalls selling woolly yumminess. The High Street was closed in the morning so that a little flock of sheep could be run down but as you can see in the clip the sheep had other ideas!
The Guild were in attendance with Chairman Jan and I dishing out raffle tickets at the door, stalls with hand spun yarn and fleeces and a sheep to shawl challenge going on up on the stage!
The little dog was very cute and he was very patient. He supervised proceedings on the stage all day…he must have been worn out!
I treated myself to a lovely spindle and some fluff made of soya beans of all things; it’s just like silk but I suppose it’s vegetarian!
I’ve also been sewing but on the sewing machine I got for my 21st Birthday not Miss Jones (yet). This is the sewing machine I got for my 21st.
It has a good range of basic stitches and after taking it to the pub on Knit Night for a bit of a clean I’ve been stitching up a few little bags.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing Wool week in Glastonbury, I love that the sheep popped into Boots the chemist. The little dog supervising the whole event was cute too :) xxx I also love your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time!

    Happy blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please leave a message after the beep......."beep"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails