Friday 21 August 2009

Thinking ahead.......Winter Solstice!

Hi there!,

Ok, I know it's summer and today we are actually having a load of sun - yay:-), but I am already thinking of Winter Solstice and making plans for what I will be cooking for the Winter Solstice Dinner Party. Anyways, the plum tree in next doors front garden is loaded down with plums .......



..............so I have decided to make plum vodka with them this year. I've never made it before but I'm guessing that it's going to be a bit like sloe gin and will be a nice wintery, solsticey sort of drink for after dinner.

So, as you can see, I picked a load of plums, washed them and slashed each one with a knife a few times. Then I popped them into kilner jars with about half a cup of sugar and then filled each jar up with vodka.

I will leave them in the spare room to brew and give them a shake every now and then and we will see what happens.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, please leave a message after the beep......."beep"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails